Dental implants are a replacement for tooth roots. Implants are a strong foundation for removable or permanent replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
There are some advantages to dental implants. This includes:
• Improved appearance
This advantage makes them look and feel like your teeth.
• Improved speech.
With a denture that has been fitted poorly, your teeth might slip within the mouth, which ultimately leads to you stumbling over your own words. Whereas, dental implants allow you to speak without that worry.
• Makes eating easier
Dentures that slide can make chewing difficult for you. Dental implants, however, function like your teeth, allowing you to eat your food without pain.
• Improved self-esteem
Dental implants will make you feel good about your self.
Dental implants are very durable and will last for many years. If taken care of well, they might even last a lifetime.
DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY
It's a step by step routine.
• Starts with a tooth root implant, which is carefully placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. This tooth root is made of titanium. So, when the jawbone begins to heal, it grows around the implanted metal post, anchoring it successfully in the jaw. Its healing process can take up 6-12 weeks.
• Once the implant has bonded to the jawbone, a small connector post, called an abutment, is attached to the post to hold the new tooth securely.
• To make your new teeth, the dentist then creates a model of your tooth, which includes teeth, arrangement, and type. The new teeth are then based on this model.
• Afterward, the replacement tooth is attached to the abutment.
Your replacement teeth will look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
RISKS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Like all things, there's a right side and a bad side. It's called a balance, needed for the world to run in perfect order. Remember Yin and Yang. This is also true for dental implants. Before a person should go into it, it is much better to weigh their options and their reasons for doing so. Weigh their pros and cons. Seeing as how dental implants are surgically placed, they carry a certain amount of risk with them. However, if San Leandro dentist places them, these risks significantly reduce.
Below are the common risks associated with a dental implant:
• Excessive bleeding
• Discomfort or pain
• Improper placement which can lead to implant failure.
• Puncture of the sinus cavity
• Damage to blood vessels or nerves
• Bacterial infection
COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
You might look at other teeth replacement options, and think they're better. But when you do the maths - as you have continued to pay that cost over and over - they're more expensive than dental implants. Why not just go straight out for a dental implant? According to The New York Times, they cost about $3000 to $4500. Get one at the dentist of San Leandro today!