If you want to keep that white and clean smile, then you need to think and take care of your smile. There are many naughty and nice dental behaviors that we all engage in, which one or the other affects your smile; and the best thing to think about is only to have the nice behaviors. Your smile is, after all, your best accessory. It is okay to enjoy those sweet treats, and other temptations everywhere but note that they might have a bad turn on your teeth health. So, read on to see some of the nice and naughty things you are doing to your teeth.
Let’s start with the naughty list
• Using the wrong toothbrush to clean your teeth.
• Not flossing once a day or incorrectly.
• Not wearing a mouthguard while you engage in high contact sports and activities.
• Sharing cutleries, and toothbrushes with people that don't keep healthy hygiene.
• Grinding your teeth regularly.
Now for the good news. There are holiday foods that are also on the nice list:
• Using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
• Taking the time to properly and effectively clean the teeth by flossing once a day.
• Nice: Wearing a mouthguard while playing high-contact sports and activities.
• Keeping personal cutleries and utensils; making sure everyone has their spoons, forks, and toothbrushes.
• Taking steps to stop the grinding habit.
• Have a routine to brush your teeth two times a day, for at least two minutes. Make sure to use a fluoride toothpaste that is accepted by ADA Seal of Acceptance.
• The holidays can be a busy time, but don’t forget the San Leandro dentist visit. Don’t forget to visit your dentist if you are due for teeth cleaning or need CEREC work done.